Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- Dangers of Taking Out a TSP Loan
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Welcome to the 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge! I designed this series of articles to help you: Capture the financial impacts that your military transition will have on your life Identify, prioritize and address the friction points that come up … Continue reading
When my oldest son turned 9 a few years ago, I said to him: “Congratulations! It’s your half-way birthday!” “What’s my half-way birthday?” “It means you’re half-way to becoming an adult and getting kicked out of this house!” Just kidding! … Continue reading
Previously, I’ve written articles comparing the Survivor Benefit Plan and the closest alternative, term life insurance. This article isn’t going back to rehash that discussion, but rather answer the question of “How do I go about getting term life insurance?” … Continue reading
A common question that I’ve heard is, “What happens to my life insurance (SGLI) when I leave the military?” This is a very important question, and one that you should address when you’re looking to either retire or separate.
One of the most common questions that I’ve been asked (and one of the most popular debates that I’ve seen), is the question about whether it’s better to have a 30 year mortgage or a 15 year mortgage. There are … Continue reading
I hope you enjoy this week’s version of the Weekend Wrap-up! Below are five of the top articles that I’ve read this week. Most of this week’s articles are from our military financial blogger community. So, without further ado, here … Continue reading
Recently, Forrest and I discussed updating our will as we look towards our transition. Basically, it’s a matter of making the time to go to the Legal Office at MacDill to actually do it. It’s the same old story:
Life insurance is a complex topic. When you’re trying to find the right policy for your situation, it’s easy to get confused by the different types of polices that are available. Two of the most common types of policies term … Continue reading