Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- Survivor Benefit Plan-What Does it Mean to Me?
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
Monthly Archives: October 2016
Everyone planning a military retirement has a very important decision: “Should I take the Survivor Benefit Plan or not?” As I’ve said previously, this is a very personal decision, and should not be taken lightly. While the best decision might … Continue reading
According to the VA Department, SGLI ends when you leave the military, unless you qualify for a disability extension. Although you’ll no longer have your SGLI, there are two ways to continue your $400,000 coverage. If done within a certain … Continue reading
For many families, college planning consists of: Saving as much for college as we can Hoping it’s enough money to meet our children’s college goals Waiting until high school to learn that it probably isn’t enough While this might be … Continue reading
There are a lot of websites that list military benefits or programs by state. However, I could not find a single webpage that included links to each state government’s military or veteran websites, so I decided this would be a … Continue reading
This article is all about my experience in purchasing a life insurance policy. If you’ve been interested in doing that for yourself, but feel intimidated by the process, then you should read this article.