Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- 5 Military Personal Finance Blogs You Should Follow
Monthly Archives: November 2016
Preface In the civilian world, there are professions where the impact of DUI conviction might not have an effect on the person’s career. Not so with the military. In the military, a DUI conviction is only the beginning, as it … Continue reading
Taxes can be a major consideration in your military transition planning. As I outlined in a previous military pension article, your take-home pay can be up to 40% less than what you see on paper. Federal taxes are obviously a … Continue reading
Just because you joined the military, you shouldn’t have to give up the right to buy a house. While there are many things to consider, you may: Buy a starter home Purchase a home that you plan to live in, … Continue reading
There are several websites with plenty of information on which states tax military pensions, and which ones don’t. However, when you’re making your post-military decision, taxes on military pensions are only one part of the tax equation. It’s also important … Continue reading