Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Survivor Benefit Plan Resources: Everything You Need in One Blog Post
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- My Experience With the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
Monthly Archives: January 2017
As my financial planning practice grows, I’ve noticed that people are asking me how to become a financial planner. The other day, I answered an email from someone asking how to become a financial planner. It was at that point … Continue reading
Why the ‘You Just Gave Uncle Sam an Interest-Free Loan’ Argument Doesn’t Work For Many Transitioning People
Executive Summary Every year at tax time, you see pundits talk about ‘giving Uncle Sam an interest-free loan.’ While the concept of lowering tax withholdings is sound, there are several problems with its practice. In this article, we’ll discuss: The … Continue reading
In a previous article, I described my homeowner’s insurance claim process. In this article, I discussed how difficult it was to understand what I was entitled to under the law. I was finally able to reach a better understanding once … Continue reading
Executive Summary This story is about my personal experience in dealing with a homeowner insurance claim for a roof replacement. Although virtually every other home in my neighborhood experienced the same damage (from a freak hailstorm), my insurance claim became … Continue reading