Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
- 3 Ways to Make the Most of Your Terminal Leave
- 3 Reasons To Consider Hiring a Tax Professional
- 5 Tax Tips That You Can Find in the Armed Forces Tax Guide (IRS Publication 3)
- 5 Life Insurance Considerations for Your Military Transition
- Five Little-Known Services Your Financial Planner Should Be Offering
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- Retirement Journal – 400 Days & Counting Down
- About Forrest
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
Monthly Archives: February 2017
I recently received a question regarding the taxation transitional compensation for abused dependents. In researching my answer, I noticed that there is a lot of information on the subject. However, most of this information seems to be in the form … Continue reading
Most financial planners and counselors advise their clients to maintain emergency savings of somewhere between 3 & 6 months’ living expenses. As I’ve mentioned in a previous article, saving 3-6 months’ expenses sounds so daunting that many people don’t know … Continue reading
Tax planning is one of the most fundamental aspects of financial planning. In fact, many people would argue that financial planning without respect to taxes is not really financial planning. Yet, in order to fully understand how tax planning works, … Continue reading