Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Dangers of Taking Out a TSP Loan
- The Difference Between a Financial Plan & Financial Planning
- TSP's Lifecycle Funds: What You Need To Know
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- TSP Rollover to an IRA Account—Should I do it or Not?
- Back to Basics – Defined Benefit vs. Defined Contribution Pension
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Most military members should know about the free tax filing assistance programs that are available. These programs range from free access to tax software to working with volunteers who actually prepare tax returns. Many bases even continue this benefit for … Continue reading
The financial planning landscape can be pretty confusing. Not only is it difficult to figure out who has your best interests in mind (as the debate over the fiduciary standard is pretty confusing), but it’s also difficult to figure out … Continue reading
I’ve written several articles about Roth conversions, particularly tax planning considerations & marginal tax rate impacts. This article serves as a case study to help visualize how a Roth conversion strategy could work, and how the tax liability can fluctuate … Continue reading