Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- 5 Factors You Should Consider When Evaluating the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Employee Benefits For Transitioning Personnel-Employee Stock Options
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Most military members should know about the free tax filing assistance programs that are available. These programs range from free access to tax software to working with volunteers who actually prepare tax returns. Many bases even continue this benefit for … Continue reading
As you transition from active service, life insurance is an important, yet overlooked aspect of your post-military financial planning. In a previous article, I discussed five considerations about your military life insurance needs. To build on those relevant points, this … Continue reading
The financial planning landscape can be pretty confusing. Not only is it difficult to figure out who has your best interests in mind (as the debate over the fiduciary standard is pretty confusing), but it’s also difficult to figure out … Continue reading
I’ve written several articles about Roth conversions, particularly tax planning considerations & marginal tax rate impacts. This article serves as a case study to help visualize how a Roth conversion strategy could work, and how the tax liability can fluctuate … Continue reading