Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Survivor Benefit Plan Resources: Everything You Need in One Blog Post
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- My Experience With the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
Monthly Archives: April 2017
In a previous article, I wrote about the decision to either take terminal leave or sell it back. Basically, it boils down to the opportunity costs—what are you going to do with that terminal leave if you choose to take … Continue reading
For a lot of military households, tax preparation is simple, straightforward, and free. Every year, just collect the paperwork and head down to the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) office, and the staff can help you do your taxes. Or, … Continue reading