Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- Survivor Benefit Plan-What Does it Mean to Me?
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
Monthly Archives: April 2017
In a previous article, I wrote about the decision to either take terminal leave or sell it back. Basically, it boils down to the opportunity costs—what are you going to do with that terminal leave if you choose to take … Continue reading
For a lot of military households, tax preparation is simple, straightforward, and free. Every year, just collect the paperwork and head down to the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) office, and the staff can help you do your taxes. Or, … Continue reading