Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- 5 Factors You Should Consider When Evaluating the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Employee Benefits For Transitioning Personnel-Employee Stock Options
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
Monthly Archives: April 2017
In a previous article, I wrote about the decision to either take terminal leave or sell it back. Basically, it boils down to the opportunity costs—what are you going to do with that terminal leave if you choose to take … Continue reading
For a lot of military households, tax preparation is simple, straightforward, and free. Every year, just collect the paperwork and head down to the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) office, and the staff can help you do your taxes. Or, … Continue reading