Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Roth Conversions: Why Timing Is Important (Part Two)
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- The Difference Between a Financial Plan & Financial Planning
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
Monthly Archives: May 2017
In a previous Roth conversion article, we discussed the importance of timing when it comes to Roth conversions. There are other Roth benefits, such as not having to worry about required minimum distributions (RMDs), and being able to take out … Continue reading
This article was suggested to me by a long-time shipmate & colleague (thanks, Dave!). Over my life, I’ve refinanced several times using an IRRRL, when it made financial sense for me to do so. However, it wasn’t until I got … Continue reading
I remember the first time I received a financial plan. Actually, it was for my mother. It was a while ago, before I decided to become a financial planner myself, and is probably one of the reasons why I did … Continue reading