Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- State Government Veteran Benefit Website Links (Listed By State)
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- 5 Military Personal Finance Blogs You Should Follow
Monthly Archives: May 2017
The military does a great job of assimilating this varied group of people into one common purpose. However, we all leave the military, for one reason or another. And that’s where there’s room for improvement. The military has a moral … Continue reading
In a previous Roth conversion article, we discussed the importance of timing when it comes to Roth conversions. There are other Roth benefits, such as not having to worry about required minimum distributions (RMDs), and being able to take out … Continue reading
This article was suggested to me by a long-time shipmate & colleague (thanks, Dave!). Over my life, I’ve refinanced several times using an IRRRL, when it made financial sense for me to do so. However, it wasn’t until I got … Continue reading
I remember the first time I received a financial plan. Actually, it was for my mother. It was a while ago, before I decided to become a financial planner myself, and is probably one of the reasons why I did … Continue reading