Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- Survivor Benefit Plan-What Does it Mean to Me?
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
Monthly Archives: July 2017
College affordability is a hot topic. Community colleges can provide a cost effective way to obtain a college diploma from a public university. Many states allow community college attendees to transfer credits within their public university system. Not only that, … Continue reading
This is the second of a two-part article, designed to outline why SGLI isn’t enough life insurance for most military families. Part one discussed SGLI coverage on the servicemember. This article discusses the reason why Familymember SGLI (FSGLI) is usually … Continue reading
Most people know that SGLI is the cheapest life insurance available. At $28.00/month for $400,000 in coverage (or about 7 cents/month for every $1,000 in coverage)—by far. Unfortunately, this creates two problems: SGLI’s pricing leads people into thinking that all … Continue reading