Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- Survivor Benefit Plan-What Does it Mean to Me?
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
Monthly Archives: August 2017
Recently, Michael Kitces published an article titled, “Why Paying Yourself 5% Interest On A 401(k) Loan Is A Bad Investment.” My first thought was, “If it’s a bad idea for a 401(k) loan, it must be even worse for Thrift … Continue reading
In the military, we face this decision more than most folks. We buy a house because we intend to stay in it for a while. We hope that we can hold it long enough to actually have prices rise over … Continue reading
There are many employer benefits that just aren’t available to servicemembers. Before separating from service, it’s important to understand what types of benefits exist, and what impact they may have on our personal finances. This article focuses on employee stock … Continue reading
While the gossip of the moment is about the fiduciary standard, it’s important to realize that people can fall victim to bad financial advice, even from a fiduciary. Most fee-only financial planners are registered as investment advisers. Every registered investment … Continue reading