Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- State Government Veteran Benefit Website Links (Listed By State)
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- 5 Military Personal Finance Blogs You Should Follow
Category Archives: Personal Finance
My mother isn’t what you would call a financial planner. She isn’t even really that savvy when it comes to money. In fact, a few years ago, she asked me to help her manage her finances. When I looked at … Continue reading
This article was suggested to me by a long-time shipmate & colleague (thanks, Dave!). Over my life, I’ve refinanced several times using an IRRRL, when it made financial sense for me to do so. However, it wasn’t until I got … Continue reading
I remember the first time I received a financial plan. Actually, it was for my mother. It was a while ago, before I decided to become a financial planner myself, and is probably one of the reasons why I did … Continue reading
The financial planning landscape can be pretty confusing. Not only is it difficult to figure out who has your best interests in mind (as the debate over the fiduciary standard is pretty confusing), but it’s also difficult to figure out … Continue reading
Disclosure: I am a financial planner. With that said, there are many people who do not need a financial planner to live their best lives. However, there are probably many more who could benefit from professional financial advice in at … Continue reading
Welcome to Day Twenty-Eight of the “30 Day Financial Transition Challenge.” The purpose of today’s article is to help you focus on your budgeting and cash flow. Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) Throughout the challenge, you’ve had the opportunity to … Continue reading
Welcome to Day Twenty-Six of the “30 Day Financial Transition Challenge.” Today’s article focuses on your physical well being. Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) Your transition can be a very stressful time. During times of high stress, it’s very easy … Continue reading
Welcome to Day Eight of the 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge. Today’s article focuses on the proper use of credit. While Day 3 focused on paying off your consumer debt, especially credit cards, today will help develop a bigger picture … Continue reading
There are a lot of military families who end up needing help with managing their debt. Although many people are able to buckle down and work their way out of debt, others may need external help. One of the most … Continue reading