Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Dangers of Taking Out a TSP Loan
- The Difference Between a Financial Plan & Financial Planning
- TSP's Lifecycle Funds: What You Need To Know
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- TSP Rollover to an IRA Account—Should I do it or Not?
- Back to Basics – Defined Benefit vs. Defined Contribution Pension
Category Archives: Thrift Savings Plan
Recently, Michael Kitces published an article titled, “Why Paying Yourself 5% Interest On A 401(k) Loan Is A Bad Investment.” My first thought was, “If it’s a bad idea for a 401(k) loan, it must be even worse for Thrift … Continue reading
Introduction Many people have taken advantage of the Roth TSP option since its inception in 2012. However, there are still many federal employees and service members with most of their retirement savings in traditional accounts. Naturally, this begs the question: … Continue reading
This is a question that I received the other day from someone who has a lot on his plate. He’s getting his financial life in order and was trying to figure out whether a TSP rollover was the right thing. … Continue reading