Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- How To Obtain Term Life Insurance After The Military
Tag Archives: financial planning
Enjoy this week’s version of the Weekend Wrap-up. Below are five of the top articles that I’ve read this week. Some articles are military-specific financial planning articles, while others are meant for a general audience. So, without further ado, here … Continue reading
Members of the Greatest Generation, my grandparents came of age during the Depression, a period marked by severe distrust of financial institutions and an extreme aversion to risk. After my grandfather died, my grandmother had to manage her finances for the rest of her life, 28 more years. The way she handled her money reflected her upbringing, her deep dislike of risk and her commitment to her goals. Continue reading