Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- Dangers of Taking Out a TSP Loan
Tag Archives: investment advisers act
What is a fiduciary, and what does this mean when I’m looking for a financial adviser?
You may or may not have heard about the debate with regards to the fiduciary standard, and the Department of Labor’s attempt to make changes to reflect today’s financial advisory landscape. This article will take you through a quick primer on the law that created the fiduciary standard, who the fiduciary standard applies to, and how the fiduciary standard compares to what you’ll see in the marketplace. In essence, we’ll discuss what the fiduciary standard SHOULD mean to you, as the consumer of financial advice, and what you should be looking for. Continue reading