Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- Dangers of Taking Out a TSP Loan
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- 3 Ways to Make the Most of Your Terminal Leave
Tag Archives: military retirement
One of the things you should always keep in mind is to have a five year plan. This plan should consist of things you plan to do in the military, as well as post-military, education, financial, and family aspects. Continue reading
While I normally try to write to people looking to either retire or separate, this article is intended for people who plan to retire. However, there are some items of consideration for separating members as well. This article is the … Continue reading
One of my friends asked me to write about the impacts to your cash flow when you retire. While your cash flow may go up or down based upon a lot of non-military factors, such as relocation or your follow-on career, this blog post will attempt to address the military-specific changes that occur, and which you should take into account when you’re planning for separation or retirement. Continue reading