Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Are You Ready To Be A Landlord? Five Questions You Need to Answer
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- How To Obtain Term Life Insurance After The Military
Tag Archives: military
Today is March 23, which means that tomorrow (March 24) marks 400 days until my retirement ceremony date of May 1, 2017. The other day, I was talking with Jeff Rose, CFP®. Jeff is the creator of the Good Financial … Continue reading
This article first appeared as a guest post on Ryan Guina’s Military Wallet. Why Thrift Savings Plan Has Enough Diversification A solid investment approach requires a balanced, well-diversified portfolio. Many people dislike the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) because they feel … Continue reading
This article is a follow up to my last one about your job risk mindset after your military career ends. If you haven’t read my first article, you might want to read it here before continuing on. In it, I … Continue reading
In the military, there are many reasons for selling your home. You can sell for any of the following reasons: relocation buying a bigger home downsizing retirement/separation because it makes financial sense to do so Let’s take a look at … Continue reading