Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 5 Things to Consider About Buying a Home During Your Military Transition
- 5 Military Personal Finance Blogs You Should Follow
- Roth Conversions: Why Timing Is Important (Part Two)
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- How To Obtain Term Life Insurance After The Military
- Back to Basics: The Real Costs of a DUI
Tag Archives: passive investing
Investing Performance. Most active investors underperform against the index they’re competing against. For example, the 2014 SPIVA (which is basically the Standard & Poor’s scorecard that shows how well actively managed funds perform against various indices) showed that 86.44% of active large-cap mutual fund managers failed to match the S and P 500’s performance over a 1 year period. Continue reading