Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- SGLI After The Military: What Happens?
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- 5 Military Personal Finance Blogs You Should Follow
Tag Archives: retirement
Fundamental #1: Pay Yourself First This article, “Pay Yourself First,” is the first in a five-article series that discusses the Five Fundamentals of Fiscal Fitness, designed as a basic starting point to help you take control of your finances. If … Continue reading
So, today is Monday, May 2. As of yesterday, I officially have one year until my planned retirement ceremony. With that said, I wanted to update you on two significant events since my last retirement journal entry. So, I went … Continue reading
There are any number of articles out in the web-space about whether you should take terminal leave upon retirement or separation, vice selling back your unused leave. Ryan Guina’s Cash Money Life article is a very good primer on why this should be considered on a case-by-case basis, and why each decision on whether to take terminal leave is a personal one. Continue reading
There are a lot of people who wonder what TSP’s Lifecycle Funds are, what they are supposed to do, and how they are supposed to invest in them. This article aims to answer some of these questions and provide a … Continue reading
One of the things you should always keep in mind is to have a five year plan. This plan should consist of things you plan to do in the military, as well as post-military, education, financial, and family aspects. Continue reading
This article is a follow up to my last one about your job risk mindset after your military career ends. If you haven’t read my first article, you might want to read it here before continuing on. In it, I … Continue reading
While I normally try to write to people looking to either retire or separate, this article is intended for people who plan to retire. However, there are some items of consideration for separating members as well. This article is the … Continue reading
There comes a time in everyone’s life where they have to make the decision to get out of the military. Whether it’s retirement or separation, everyone will eventually have to part ways with their service. In doing so, they will … Continue reading