Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- Six Steps to Hire a Military-Focused Financial Planner
Tag Archives: ryan guina
This post is for those of you who want to follow military-specific personal finance blogs, but don’t want to get overwhelmed by everything that’s out there. If you don’t know where to go beyond this blog, I would suggest checking … Continue reading
I was talking with Ryan Guina, from the Military Wallet and Cash Money Life, and asked him for advice on writing Military in Transition. He told me, “Forrest, you have a lot of detailed articles, but some folks need to know more about the basics of finance. You should write some posts on things like compounding interest, and other basic financial principles.” With that, Back to Basics was born (thanks Ryan!). Every once in a while, I will try to write an article that speaks to a basic concept in financial planning. So, with that said, below is my first piece on compounding interest (thanks again Ryan!) Continue reading