Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 5 Things to Consider About Buying a Home During Your Military Transition
- 5 Military Personal Finance Blogs You Should Follow
- Roth Conversions: Why Timing Is Important (Part Two)
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- How To Obtain Term Life Insurance After The Military
- Back to Basics: The Real Costs of a DUI
Tag Archives: simple interest
I was talking with Ryan Guina, from the Military Wallet and Cash Money Life, and asked him for advice on writing Military in Transition. He told me, “Forrest, you have a lot of detailed articles, but some folks need to know more about the basics of finance. You should write some posts on things like compounding interest, and other basic financial principles.” With that, Back to Basics was born (thanks Ryan!). Every once in a while, I will try to write an article that speaks to a basic concept in financial planning. So, with that said, below is my first piece on compounding interest (thanks again Ryan!) Continue reading