Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Transitional Compensation for Abused Dependents
- State Government Veteran Benefit Website Links (Listed By State)
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- Survivor Benefit Plan Resources: Everything You Need in One Blog Post
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
Tag Archives: simple interest
I was talking with Ryan Guina, from the Military Wallet and Cash Money Life, and asked him for advice on writing Military in Transition. He told me, “Forrest, you have a lot of detailed articles, but some folks need to know more about the basics of finance. You should write some posts on things like compounding interest, and other basic financial principles.” With that, Back to Basics was born (thanks Ryan!). Every once in a while, I will try to write an article that speaks to a basic concept in financial planning. So, with that said, below is my first piece on compounding interest (thanks again Ryan!) Continue reading