Subscribe via Email
Get the Survivor Benefit Plan Guide!
Top Posts & Pages
- Military Pension Tax Rates By State
- Terminal Leave: Take it or Sell it Back?
- Why You Should Strongly Consider Not Participating in the Survivor Benefit Plan
- 3 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Rental Property In The Military
- SGLI Conversion-Why VGLI Might Be Better Than Whole Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance Vs. Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)—A Side By Side Comparison
- Take The 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge!
- FAQ: What Happens to My Life Insurance When I Leave the Military?
- What Will My Military Pension Look Like After Retirement?
- Six Steps to Hire a Military-Focused Financial Planner
Tag Archives: tax professional
According to the IRS, 5 million people were expected to file amended tax returns for 2014, out of 131 million original filings. For 2015, the IRS expects over 150 million individual returns, which means even more amended returns can be expected. Continue reading
When you make the decision to sell your home, it can be for any number of reasons: relocation, buying a bigger home, downsizing, or because it makes financial sense to do so. In fact, I previously wrote an article about this here. However, there are times in your military career where you just can’t sell your home as soon as you leave it: you’re underwater, you might move back into it later on, it’s got potential to make a lot of money as a rental, or timing issues. From the moment you have a tenant move into your house, it’s no longer your home…it’s a rental property. Whatever the reason for selling your home, let’s take a look at three tax considerations you should take into account: Continue reading