If you’re approaching the end of your military career, you might feel like the world’s caving in all around you. You’re trying to prepare for life in the civilian world when you’ve suddenly realized something. You’re not ready for your financial transition!
Along the course of your career, you’ve had these financial questions and concerns in the back of your head. You’ve been preoccupied with everything military, so you’ve just put these questions in the back of your mind and trudged onto your next duty station.
Now, there’s no ‘next duty station,’ and you’ve just realized that you need to get your finances straight as you move out.
Trying to figure out how all the pieces fit together financially?
Want to get a better handle on all the different ways money touches your life?
Would you like to have a checklist of things that you need to accomplish before (or as) you transition?
In that case, you should take the 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge! This isn’t a gimmick, and no one’s going to do the work for you. However, I’ve distilled the most important financial aspects of your transition into sizable, daily projects that should help you build your own project list and take control of your transition.
By the end of the 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge, you will not have solved your problems. However, you should have a solid game plan that you can execute on your own schedule.
- 30 Day Financial Transition Challenge Introduction
- Day 1: Paying Yourself First
- Day 2: Have Sufficient Liquidity
- Day 3: Pay Down Your High Interest Debt
- Day 4: Owning the Right Sized Home
- Day 5: Invest In Your Career
- Day 6: Five-Year Plan
- Day 7: Job Risk Mindset
- Day 8: Use of Credit
- Day 9: Rental Real Estate Exposure
- Day 10: P&C Insurance Coverage
- Day 11: Retirement Accounts
- Day 12: Post-Military Health Care
- Day 13: After Tax Investment Accounts
- Day 14: Tax Planning & Amended Returns
- Day 15: College Planning
- Day 16: Survivor Benefit Plan
- Day 17: Post-Military Life Insurance
- Day 18: Investment Management
- Day 19: VA Disability
- Day 20: Estate Planning
- Day 21: Long Term Care
- Day 22: Disability Insurance
- Day 23: PCS Move
- Day 24: Post-Military Employment
- Day 25: Quality of Life
- Day 26: Physical Wellness
- Day 27: Developing Networks
- Day 28: Cash Flow
- Day 29: Community Involvement
- Day 30: Transition GPS
By the time you get to the end of this challenge, you should have quite a few things on your to-do list. Take some time to digest it, and build yourself a schedule so that you can address these things one step at a time.
If you need help just getting your hands around your concerns, feel free to join the Military in Transition Facebook Group. In this group, you can talk with a like-minded community of people who can help you through your most serious challenges.