I hope you enjoy this week’s version of the Weekend Wrap-up! Below are five of the top articles that I’ve read this week. Most of this week’s articles are from our military financial blogger community. So, without further ado, here are this week’s articles:
- Does it Make Sense to Refinance My Student Loans? In this article, CFP Jeff Rose lays out the student loan refinance landscape, then discusses five situations in which a student loan refinance might make sense.
- Do You Need Flood Insurance? In light of the recent flooding in Louisiana, Kate Horrell’s article discusses the importance of considering flood insurance. If you happen to live in a flood-prone area, you’ll want to read this article to learn more.
- 50 Personal Books That Allowed A Retired Sailor To Achieve Financial Independence Doug Nordman, of The Military Guide to Financial Independence & Retirement, discusses 50 books that allowed him to hack personal finance and achieve financial independence after his Navy retirement. If you have confidence in yourself, but just need access to the right resources, you should check out this article. All the books are either free, low-cost, or available at your local library.
- Complete Guide to Military Student Loan Forgiveness & Repayment In this article, Michelle Argento of Student Loan Hero walks you through the resources that today’s servicemembers should be mindful of regarding student loans. If you’re checking out what is available to you, this article makes a good starting point for further research.
- Mothers Need to Be Aware of Family Finance and Investments This article is a summary of a recent Washington Post interview with author Kimberly Palmer. Palmer, who wrote Smart Mom, Rich Mom: How to Build Wealth While Raising a Family, did so because she wanted to teach women how important it is for them to be knowledgeable about their family finances.
Also, if you missed them, you can catch this week’s Military in Transition articles:
How to Obtain Term Life Insurance After the Military This article is a step-by-step walkthrough on how to get a term life insurance policy. If you’ve made the decision that you need a term life insurance policy, read this article to learn how to do so.
10 Questions With Dan Sloat This Ten Questions article is an interview with former Air Force officer, and current law student, Dan Sloat. He’s a highly ambitious man with a whole future in front of him. Read this article to learn more about Dan and his military experience.
If there’s an article that I missed, please feel free to post a note in the comments section below. Also, if there’s anything I can help you with, feel free to email me or join the Military In Transition Facebook Group!